Whole Home Remodeling By San Diego’s Home Renovation Experts
If your home is outdated or not working for your family anymore, a whole home remodel might be the perfect solution. In San Diego’s current real estate market it is often a better investment to remodel your current home rather than buy a new one. And you won’t believe what a difference our design team and home remodeling professionals can make!
When nearly every part of a house has some sort of remodeling done, we call it a complete home remodel. Our gallery shows how dramatically you can change the look and feel of your home, both inside and out.
Call for a Free Estimate
Custom Whole Home Renovation Gallery
San Diego Whole House Remodel
Whole home remodels are very popular right now as an alternative to buying a new home in the current real estate market. In San Diego, home values have increased 26.6% over the past year. The typical home value in San Diego is $1,007,875 (see the most current trends). Unfortunately, San Diego’s low housing inventory means that housing prices are unlikely to improve any time soon.
Rather than fighting to buy their dream home, many homeowners are deciding to make their current home their dream home with a whole house renovation. There are many reasons why homeowners are deciding to go with a total house remodel.
Advantages of a Whole House Renovation
Design Your Dream House
In today’s real estate market it is hard enough to find a home, let alone find your dream house. If you can’t find a home that checks off all your boxes, it is much easier to design a home that meets all your needs. With a whole house renovation, you also have the freedom to design your home so that it exactly matches your style.
Selling a Home is Costly
When selling your home, you need to think about all the associated costs. For example, most homes will need some minor or major repairs before you can list them. Plus, closing costs can run from 5% to 8% of the home’s purchase price. If you are using a real estate agent, you will need to budget for a 5% commission. In addition, if your home has substantially increased in value, you may have to pay capital gains taxes as well.
Buying a Home is Costly
Buying a house isn’t cheap either. Closing costs can run from 3% to 6% of the mortgage. And depending on when you can close on your old home, you may be paying for two mortgages at the same time. Before moving in, you may also need to pay for some repairs, remodeling, or new appliances. And if you buy a more expensive home, your property taxes could also increase.
Buying and selling at the same time can be very frustrating. There are so many moving pieces that it is almost impossible to line things up just right. Whole home remodeling isn’t easy either, but at least you will have more control over the timetable and how things will come together.
Moving is Time-Consuming and Expensive
Depending on how far you are moving, things can get expensive fast. Moving is also exhausting and stressful.
You Can Stay in Your Neighborhood
This is especially important if you have kids. It can be hard to leave neighborhood friends and switch schools. It is also hard to leave a home where you have created so many wonderful memories. A complete home remodel allows you to stay in your neighborhood.
Keep Your Current Commute
Many times when buying a larger home, people will decide to move further away from their job if it means they can get more house for their money. But long commutes can seriously impact your quality of life. A whole house renovation allows you to get more house without sacrificing your shorter commute.
Add Equity to Your Home
During a whole home remodel, there are several home improvements that will increase the value of your home. For example, room additions, open floor plans, increasing curb appeal, kitchen and bathroom remodels, and solar panels.
Call for a Free Estimate
An Experienced San Diego Whole House Remodeling Contractor
With any whole home renovation, you will want a remodeling contractor who can handle a big job. Here are several reasons homeowners are choosing TR Construction.
- TR Construction is family-owned and has been in business for over 27 years. Our focus on top-notch craftsmanship allows us to develop lasting relationships with our clients.
- Our employees have long-term careers with our company and have a proven track record of the highest level of craftsmanship.
- With our specialized divisions in remodeling, roofing, and solar, our in-house experts can tackle anything your whole home remodel needs.
- Our crews are respectful of your home. We carefully encapsulate the construction area to help minimize dust and debris in the rest of your home. Our crews are also known for being courteous and polite.
- Locally owned, we are very familiar with San Diego zoning laws and building codes. We are a valuable resource to ensure the process of your total house remodel goes smoothly. We serve the communities that you live in, all the way south from Chula Vista and Imperial Beach, to the west from La Jolla and Oceanside, to the north from Poway, Rancho Penasquitos, and Vista.
- With a big project like a total home remodel, communication is key. Our team of in-house experts means you will always be working with the same team. You don’t have to worry about coordinating with multiple sub-contractors. Each job is also assigned an office coordinator, making it easy to coordinate and get answers to your questions.
Learn more about what sets TR Construction apart.
Tips on San Diego Total House Remodels
- Focus on changes that will either improve your lifestyle or that will add value and equity to your home.
- If you don’t plan on selling your home right away, avoid trendy items that may go out of style.
- Location has a big impact on the value of a home. You don’t want to invest in upgrades that make your home considerably more expensive than other homes in the area. If you do, you may find it challenging to recoup your expenses.
- Be prepared for the hassles of remodeling. If doing a total gut and remodel, you will need to find a place to stay during the renovation. If you can stay in your home and decide to do that, be prepared to live in a construction zone. You should plan on having a place where the remodeling contractors can set up shop. Even with tarping off areas to limit dust, there will be dust.
- Whole home remodeling is not a small project. Be prepared for a large budget and for it to take several weeks.
- A whole house remodel is the perfect time to add some of those features you have been dreaming about. For example, a home addition, solar panels, a solar battery, an ADU, or a car charger. You can even upgrade to a smart home.
Call for a Free Estimate
Our favorite part is to see how happy our clients are with our total house remodels!
Read Julie H.‘s review of TR Construction on Yelp
Read Ryan G.‘s review of TR Construction on Yelp