Maintaining your roof is one of the most important things you can do as a homeowner. A leaky roof can lead to expensive water damage, mold, and rotting wood. Immediately fixing any problems can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repairs.
Here is a roof maintenance checklist that can help make sure you get the most out of your roof. If you need help, give us a call at (858) 537-6490 and we can help you inspect your roof or any roof repair you need done.
- Make sure to keep debris from collecting on your roof.
- Remove any accumulated soil where plants may take root. Roots can wreck havoc on your roof.
- Trim any tree branches that may be hanging over your roof.
- Check for any missing or broken tiles or shingles. If you have a shingle roof, check for any curling, buckling, blistering, rotting, or wear.
- Take a trip up to your attic to check for any leaks.
- Keep your gutters and downspouts clean. If these are not draining properly water can collect on your roof and cause wood rot or other damage.
- Have somebody check to make sure your flashing isn’t damaged. Places you should inspect are around the chimney, pipes, A/C units, skylights, roof top ventilators, and satellite dishes.
- If you see any signs of water leakage in your home, be sure to have your roof repaired right away. Waiting can result in expensive water damage and could add hundreds of dollars to the cost of repairing your roof.
Get A Free Estimate