We recently finished a complete bathroom remodel in San Diego. We took an old, outdated bathroom and brightened it by installing a custom glass shower enclosure.
The client also wanted the room to look bigger and brighter, so we installed a new window with obscured glass and a solar tube with a built in exhaust fan over the shower area. Another fabulous way to make a room look bigger is by installing recessed can lighting instead of a wall mounted light fixture.
We were able to make room for the shower enclosure without changing the footprint of the bathroom by taking out the old bathtub. The homeowner gained much needed space with a built in niche stretching across the length of the shower enclosure and accented with matching mosaic tile. The subway tile wainscoting coupled with modern glass trim tile allows for a blending of old and new; allowing us to keep the vintage feel while highlighting the modern design features.
Bathroom Remodel Features:
- Tile on bathroom walls with mosaic tile boarder
- New vanity with Kohler undermount sink
- Tumbled stone shower pan
- Mosaic tile niche across length of shower enclosure
- Shelving with tile back drop and glass shelves
- Newly installed obscure glass window
- Solar tube with built in exhaust fan which allows natural light into the bathroom
- Recessed can light inside of shower enclosure
The rugged look of the tumbled stone shower pan paired with durable porcelain floor tile creates a space that is luxurious and functional.
We also added a niche in the wall with glass shelves for more open storage space.
And if you would like even more ideas on remodeling small bathrooms, check out our “Bathroom Remodeling” Pinterest board.