Many homeowners are doing bathtub to shower conversions. Shower enclosures are becoming more and more popular for many reasons.
- They are easier to keep clean and don’t grow as much mildew and mold as shower curtains. For many bathrooms in San Diego mildew can be a huge problem.
- They can give you a lot more elbowroom. If you are sick of wrestling with the shower curtain or feel a little claustrophobic every time you shower, installing a shower enclosure can make you feel like you live at a spa.
- Sick of showering in the dark? Shower enclosures let in a lot more light. And installing an overhead light can make an even bigger difference.
- Shower doors do a better job of keeping water off the walls and floor—saving owners from expensive repairs. Shower curtains have a tendency to let out a lot of water, especially if you aren’t paying attention.
- Shower enclosures look amazing. They are a great way to make your bathroom look more modern and luxurious.
The shower enclosure above was part of a bathroom remodel in Mira Mesa. They converted the bathtub into a shower enclosure complete with a shower niche, dual shower head system with a fixed rain shower head and a standard handheld shower head, and a sit down bench.
San Diego Bathtub to Shower Conversion
During this complete master bathroom remodel in San Diego, the homeowner was able to splurge on their shower enclosure by cutting costs elsewhere.
Instead of having their vanity custom built, they found this beautiful one online. It is well built, looks great and saved them a lot of money. The vanity came complete with a hard surface top and sinks.
This freed them up to create the shower enclosure of their dreams. It includes a:
- sit-down bench
- tumbled rock shower pan
- custom seamless glass shower enclosure
- niche and trim with mosaic tile
- large overhead rain shower head
- an additional shower head on the side
- floor to ceiling tile on the walls and on the floor in the shower enclosure area
Which goes to show that trimming your budget doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice on style! If you have any questions on remodeling your home please give us a call!